Wednesday, January 19, 2011

More fruit and veggies

I have resolved to include more fruits and veggies in my diet. My hubby is very supportive of this particular resolution- he loves fruit and vegetables. Yesterday we were having a salad and pizza for lunch. My kids love salad, as long as it is covered with ranch dressing (doesn't bother me, as long as they eat the veggies rather than just licking the ranch off). I was very skeptical, though, when their daddy handed them each a cherry tomato and told them to try it. They all looked at me as if to say "he's serious? Mom, do we have to?" I covered each tomato in some ranch and told them to eat up. And, lo and behold, they did! Even the very picky eater, who tends to gag and sputter every time we make her eat her one spoonful of peas. I don't think any of the kids really enjoyed the tomatoes, but they ate them without complaining. Progress! See if I doubt my husband's culinary wisdom again. (Oh, I ate a cherry tomato, too. They're not my fave, but I know they're good for me.)

I love finding new recipes, and my family loves blueberries, so I will be giving this one a shot soon:

Blueberry-Maple Muffins

I'll let you know how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment