Friday, October 22, 2010

Yay Mom!

This post is a shout out to my Mom.
I love my Mom. She's awesome! She's the mother of three grown children, and the grandma of seven little children. She loves to take her grandkids camping, to amusement parks, to Chuck E Cheese (for some of us, that one is a sacrifice, for Nana, it's actually fun!) She and my Dad built a house after all the kids had moved out, and they designed their basement specifically for the grandkids. The entire back room is set up like a dormitory for sleep-overs. The front room of the basement has a farm theme- kitchen in one corner, barn mural in the other, and a corn field mural in the middle. The corn field is my favorite, each grandkid has their own cornstalk and that is where Dadder (my Dad) records everyone's height every year. Kid paradise.

So, my Mom likes to be active and get out there and play. Several months into my journey, she decided to join Weight Watchers as well. Yesterday she hit her 25 pound mark! Wow! 25 pounds gone! She's doing so well, and she's almost to her goal!
This picture is from a couple of years ago. I'm hoping she will send me some current pictures to post, and maybe share some of her story herself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment