Friday, December 3, 2010

Don't save the best for last

I have a lot of habits that need breaking. One of which I didn't really even realize I had until today. I learned as a kid that eating my vegetables first (along with any other required, yet undesired, parts of a meal) was the best plan of attack. At lunch today I was eating a chicken sandwich from Chick-Fil-A. I was paying attention to my body, eating mindfully, etc. I felt full, decided I should stop, then looked at the remains of my sandwich. I had already eaten the thin, crusty part of the chicken breast, and what was left was the thickest, juiciest part. Well, dang. I can't just throw away the best part of the sandwich! So, I ate it, of course. Lesson: don't save the best parts of the meal for last. If there's something you really, really want, eat that part first! Then, when you're full, you can throw the rest out without regret.

By the way, thank you for your kind, and encouraging comments on the last post. I have decided to stick with Weight Watchers, for now. We'll see what the new year brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment